Grand Theft Auto Alpha & Beta Version Mod Official Site ©2012-2016

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Grand Theft Auto Alpha & Beta Version Mod Official Site ©2012-2016

This is where you can download all our Grand Theft Auto Beta Mods

+23
Hockey69
Killa Fonic
gtamaster000
Dan131
NikoOfLiberty
tedihd1999
TheN00ster
JoelL
rishil_380rs
Petr11
darthvader20011
gtavgamer
ChipotleIsLife
MeltedSOX
ShadowRageEX
swagpizza
Maciek
RacingDeath12
hotwheels32
Ferrari_F1
MiATzA
AwesomeGamr
27 posters

Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod (Reboot)

ShadowRageEX
    ShadowRageEX

Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod (Reboot) - Page 3 Empty Re: Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod (Reboot)

Post  ShadowRageEX Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:42 am

Whoa! Look's like you guys are really putting your soul into this mod. Got caught up in studies so that's why I wasn't online that much :p
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod (Reboot) - Page 3 Empty Re: Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod (Reboot)

Post  MeltedSOX Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:28 pm

ShadowRageEX wrote:Whoa! Look's like you guys are really putting your soul into this mod. Got caught up in studies so that's why I wasn't online that much :p

Hey Shadow,

Thanks for stopping by again. We're doing the best we can. Mod is releasing next week. Good luck with your studies.
    ChipotleIsLife

Post  ChipotleIsLife Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:41 pm

So the release date is guaranteed on December 1? Damn, can't wait!
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:44 pm

ChipotleIsLife wrote:So the release date is guaranteed on December 1? Damn, can't wait!

yeah, it's a definite. We'd just finished the mod today. So all the features I promise y'all that will be in the first release is done. We still have some minor stuff missing, main thing missing is the missions. But we can release them later on. But the main core of the mod is done and ready to be uploaded soon.
    ChipotleIsLife

Post  ChipotleIsLife Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Beautiful!
    gtavgamer
    gtavgamer

Post  gtavgamer Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:27 pm

can't wait for tomorrow
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:31 pm

gtavgamer wrote:can't wait for tomorrow

The trailer has been postponed until early next week. But some screens will definitely be posted.
    ChipotleIsLife

Post  ChipotleIsLife Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Some screens would be great before the trailer, thanks Melted. Smile
    gtavgamer
    gtavgamer

Post  gtavgamer Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:46 pm

gtavgamer wrote:can't wait for tomorrow
    lel I feel like a noob but still can't wait lol!
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:10 pm

Ummmm.....

Enjoy these 4 short random clips from the mod. The mod is still a work-in-progress, but will be available on December 1st. More screenshots will be coming soon and, of course, a trailer coming soon.
    gtavgamer
    gtavgamer

Post  gtavgamer Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:41 pm

MeltedSOX wrote:
    Ummmm.....

Enjoy these 4 short random clips from the mod. The mod is still a work-in-progress, but will be available on December 1st. More screenshots will be coming soon and, of course, a trailer coming soon.

impressive you can tell a lot of effort got put into this mod and also nise work on the claude model cheers
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:33 am

gtavgamer wrote:

impressive you can tell a lot of effort got put into this mod and also nise work on the claude model cheers

Thanks. All credit for the Beta Claude goes to Mr. Jinx. He's the actual creator.

Last edited by MeltedSOX on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rishil_380rs

Post  rishil_380rs Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:23 pm

Seriously cannot wait for this mod! Very Happy
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:09 pm

rishil_380rs wrote:Seriously cannot wait for this mod! Very Happy

Dan and I cannot wait to release it! Just 5 more days to go! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:04 pm

We are proud to announce the official Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod screenshots and trailer has been released today. Hope you all enjoy!!!
    AwesomeGamr

Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod (Reboot) - Page 3 Empty I'm just wondering

Post  AwesomeGamr Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:55 pm

does the mod have the school buses also
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:31 pm

AwesomeGamr wrote:does the mod have the school buses also

No, it wont because this mod is totally focusing on the beta that was shown at e3 2001. The school buses only existed in the alpha build of the game back in 2000. But I will keep researching to see if the bus was indeed in the E3 2001 build or not. But, as of right now, I'm not sure. It was heavily used in the February 2001 build.
    AwesomeGamr

Post  AwesomeGamr Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:45 pm

MeltedSOX wrote:
    AwesomeGamr wrote:does the mod have the school buses also

No, it wont because this mod is totally focusing on the beta that was shown at e3 2001. The school buses only existed in the alpha build of the game back in 2000. But I will keep researching to see if the bus was indeed in the E3 2001 build or not. But, as of right now, I'm not sure. It was heavily used in the February 2001 build.

ok
    darthvader20011

Post  darthvader20011 Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:03 am

I didn't give you permission to use my BETA Claude. You should've asked me first before using it, even with credits, since it's even stated on my workshop's main post.

Looks like you are also using Dimzet's PS2 Animations mod.
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:52 am

darthvader20011 wrote:I didn't give you permission to use my BETA Claude. You should've asked me first before using it, even with credits, since it's even stated on my workshop's main post.

Looks like you are also using Dimzet's PS2 Animations mod.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of. I will  definitely remove it right away. It won't be in at launch. Sorry for any inconvenience.

About the PS2 animations, how you so sure it's  Dimzet"s and we didn't implement the animation ourselves? Just because he was the first to do it, doesn't mean he's the only one who can. Animation  were done from the PS2 version and done with 3DS max to be imported to PC.

We will respectfully remove your Claude cause it was unprofessional of us to not ask first. But don't come here making false accusations without any proof.

Thanks for stopping by! Smile

darthvader20011

Post  darthvader20011 Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:45 am

Oh. Excuse me then. Wasn't really sure about that since PS2 uses a different Renderware version and the bones in it are handled differently, so I thought converting the anims would be a pain in the arse, and taking those anims would be easier. Great to know that they can be converted to PC just with 3Ds Max, though! About Claude, you can include him in the mod, just next time ask for permission. Good luck with the project by the way Smile
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:06 pm

darthvader20011 wrote:Oh. Excuse me then. Wasn't really sure about that since PS2 uses a different Renderware version and the bones in it are handled differently, so I thought converting the anims would be a pain in the arse, and taking those anims would be easier. Great to know that they can be converted to PC just with 3Ds Max, though! About Claude, you can include him in the mod, just next time ask for permission. Good luck with the project by the way Smile

Thank you, Darthvader. You got my word, next time I will definitely ask permission. Changing the animation was indeed a difficult task, but we'd manage to get it working.

Thanks again for stopping by! Great chatting with you again.
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:07 am

GRAND THEFT AUTO III: BETA VERSION MOD IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!
    Petr11
    Petr11

Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod (Reboot) - Page 3 Empty Problem with game

Post  Petr11 Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:19 am

MeltedSOX wrote:
    I have a problem. My game crashes every time after intro. When  begins the first mission game will crash. PS: sorry my bad ENG. Very Happy
    Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod (Reboot) - Page 3 Bez_ny10
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:27 am

Petr11 wrote:
    MeltedSOX wrote:
    I have a problem. My game crashes every time after intro. When  begins the first mission game will crash. PS: sorry my bad ENG. Very Happy

Very odd. Did you install a clean gta 3 with patch 1.1 before installing the mod? And do you have any other mods installed?

We haven't encounter this problem during testing. but will definitely look into it.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Petr11
    Petr11

Post  Petr11 Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:33 am

MeltedSOX wrote:
    Petr11 wrote:
    MeltedSOX wrote:

Very odd. Did you install a clean gta 3 with patch 1.1 before installing the mod? And do you have any other mods installed?

We haven't encounter this problem during testing. but will definitely look into it.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have installed clean gta without any other mods installed and I have patch 1.1
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:39 am

Petr11 wrote:
    I have installed clean gta without any other mods installed  and I have patch 1.1

Before installing the mod, did you ran the vanilla gta3 so it can convert the textures to optimal settings? Or did you let gta 3 do that while the mod is installed?
    Petr11
    Petr11

Post  Petr11 Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:42 am

MeltedSOX wrote:
    Petr11 wrote:
    I have installed clean gta without any other mods installed  and I have patch 1.1

Before installing the mod, did you ran the vanilla gta3 so it can convert the textures to optimal settings? Or did you let gta 3 do that while the mod is installed?
    Maybe there is problem I did not ran the vanilla gta3. I try it again.
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:45 am

Petr11 wrote:
    MeltedSOX wrote:
    Petr11 wrote:

Redo a clean install of GTA 3 and patch it to 1.1. Once installed, run it and start a new game so it can convert the textures. Once the game boots up the first mission, exit the game. Then you can install the mod. I included a "IMPORTANT" read me file. It tells you the directions in there. If any more problems, let me know.

Thanks! Very Happy
    Petr11
    Petr11

Post  Petr11 Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:53 am

MeltedSOX wrote:
    Petr11 wrote:
    MeltedSOX wrote:
    Petr11 wrote:

Redo a clean install of GTA 3 and patch it to 1.1. Once installed, run it and start a new game so it can convert the textures. Once the game boots up the first mission, exit the game. Then you can install the mod. I included a "IMPORTANT" read me file. It tells you the directions in there. If any more problems, let me know.

Thanks! Very Happy

I did everything correctly but it's still the same. Game still crash. Sad
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:13 pm

Petr11 wrote:I did everything correctly but it's still the same. Game still crash. Sad

Are you running retail version or Steam? Where exactly it crashes? And if the mod is crashing, how are you taking a screenshot? We just test the mod again on a laptop and it ran great with no problems.
    ChipotleIsLife

Post  ChipotleIsLife Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:16 pm

Unhandled exception when loading into new game. :/
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:53 pm

ChipotleIsLife wrote:Unhandled exception when loading into new game. :/

We're  currently investigating the issue. While testing the mod in our end with different PCs and laptops, the mod runs fine. Most likely a file  must have gotten corrupted in the rar during compression. We're going to post a new link soon after we investigate more.

Did you try deleting your gta 3 user folder in the documents folder?

Update: We've found a fix! What we did is we've  done a clean install of GTA 3, patch it to 1.1 and boot it up so it can convert the textures to the video card. Once your vanilla gta 3 boots up "Give Me Liberty", quit the game after the cutscene. Then install the mod. Once the mod is installed, go to the CLEO folder and delete the CLEO TEXT folder (DO NOT DELETE CLEO PLUGINS). From there the mod should work fine. Also,delete your GTA3 User Files in the document folder. Do not start a new game after you started a load game, the mod will crash. You have to start with a new game.
    ChipotleIsLife

Post  ChipotleIsLife Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:02 am

MeltedSOX wrote:
    ChipotleIsLife wrote:Unhandled exception when loading into new game. :/

We're  currently investigating the issue. While testing the mod in our end with different PCs and laptops, the mod runs fine. Most likely a file  must have gotten corrupted in the rar during compression. We're going to post a new link soon after we investigate more.

Did you try deleting your gta 3 user folder in the documents folder?

Update: We've found a fix! What we did is we've  done a clean install of GTA 3, patch it to 1.1 and boot it up so it can convert the textures to the video card. Once your vanilla gta 3 boots up "Give Me Liberty", quit the game after the cutscene. Then install the mod. Once the mod is installed, go to the CLEO folder and delete the CLEO TEXT folder (DO NOT DELETE CLEO PLUGINS). From there the mod should work fine. Also,delete your GTA3 User Files in the document folder. Do not start a new game after you started a load game, the mod will crash. You have to start with a new game.
    Yes I have tried deleting my GTA 3 User Folder. I am on a brand new 1.1 version of the game, I deleted the CLEO Text, and i keep on getting the same thing. I forgot to mention, all of your mods i still have (except for the Alpha 2.0 mod) are doing this EXACT same thing. Here are a couple pictures of my problem.
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/19/56/45/74/img_2014.jpg
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/19/56/45/74/img_2015.jpg
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:23 am

We're going to investigate  this further.  As for the other comment, no one has complained about the other mods crashing. GTa3 Alpha mod 2.0 was the worse one out of them all. We're  going to investigate cause we want you to play the mod as much as you do. But it's  hard for us to do anything on our end because the mod is working completely  fine on our end. It was tested on 3 different PCs. Two PCs from close friends and the 3rd was my personal laptop. It worked fine with no problems. I wouldn't post the mod for download if it wasn't  ready. we will continue to find ways to get it working without including all the gta 3 files cause we do not want to upload the whole thing as it will consider torrenting. But there's not need to be insulting.

the mod includes a main.scm that we edit. Try installing the original main.scm from vanilla gta 3 and see if that works.

Also can you provide a video of you installing the mod, and trying to start it. Pictures can't help us.

If you have Skype, message me on there so we can assist you better. gtabetamod@outlook.com
    rishil_380rs

Post  rishil_380rs Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:51 pm

Just started downloading this mod, I cannot wait! Very Happy
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:13 pm

rishil_380rs wrote:Just started downloading this mod, I cannot wait! Very Happy

Can you please notify me if you're experiencing any issues or not? Would be helpful.
    JoelL

Post  JoelL Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:29 pm

Coming soon make a beta mod for android, plis your last topic of beta version (reboot) is awesome.
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:46 pm

JoelL wrote:Coming soon make a beta mod for android, plis your last topic of beta version (reboot) is awesome.

Thanks for the kind words. We will take your suggestion into consideration.
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:57 am

Thank you all!!!

We hope you all are enjoying the mod. As promise, we're reading your comments and messages. We have more plans for the mod, so we're working on an update that will be release at the end of the month. We will keep you posted soon.

Thank you all!!
    Petr11
    Petr11

Post  Petr11 Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:35 am

MeltedSOX wrote:
    Petr11 wrote:I did everything correctly but it's still the same. Game still crash. Sad

Are you running retail version or Steam? Where exactly it crashes? And if the mod is crashing, how are you taking a screenshot? We just test the mod again on a laptop and it ran great with no problems.
    Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod (Reboot) - Page 3 Bez_ny11
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:25 pm

Petr11 wrote:
    MeltedSOX wrote:

Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod (Reboot) - Page 3 Bez_ny11

If you want, wait till we release a patch to see if it changes anything. Because of right now, we cannot do anything to help you any further. We gave you all the necessary steps on how to get it working. We've tested it on 5 different PC and all works fine. The problem is not on our end.
    Dan131
    Dan131

Post  Dan131 Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:49 am

I'm Happy & Glad to annouce that i'm back.finally got a decent working pc.
    so i can continue working on this project.

Earlier Me & Melted had some problems during Development but we could manage it.

For the People if you having some issuse's on our mod.
    -Make sure to install a clean version of gta3 and patch it to v1.1
    -make sure to install all the mod files onto the UnEdited/Orginal GTAIII
    -Don't forget to create the TXD.IMG File after installing GTAIII (by starting new game on the 1st time)
    -To Make GTA 3 Work on Windows 10 Use the Compability mod with W98 or XP Serv 3 settings and check the run in 640x480 screen resolution.and enable Directplay in.
    Programs and settings/turn windows feature on & off/legacy folder/mark check direct play.

BTW i'm just gonna leave some screene's here some progress made by me from today.

Fixed Beta sniper scope.
    https://i.imgur.com/4iHyjvo.jpg

New Beta Tank
    https://i.imgur.com/tte8gLq.jpg
    source:http://swiatgta.pl/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/gta3_151.jpg

these feature will appear in the next update version wich it will be released on Late December.
    ShadowRageEX
    ShadowRageEX

Post  ShadowRageEX Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Quite accurate! I think it's a good idea to post screenshot of the current progress. Wink
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:27 pm

ShadowRageEX wrote:Quite accurate! I think it's a good idea to post screenshot of the current progress. Wink

Hey Shadow! Of course we will keep you updated and share more screenshots.

Enjoy the mod!
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi all,

Hope you all are enjoying the mod. As promised, after the launch of Grand Theft Auto III: Beta Version Mod, we've continued to work on the mod with an update. So, we're proud to announce that update 1.1 will be releasing December 21st, 2016. Approximately, two weeks from now. We will post more information about the update soon. We are also proud to see that the mod has over 300 downloads just two weeks after launch. Dan and I couldn't thank you more for all of your on-going support. As you know, we have a facebook page of the mod which is starting to get recognition (link below). But we have one more thing to tell you... We're also going to post our mod soon at gtaforums. We're not sure when it'll be ready, but we will keep you posted about that as well.

Thank you all very much!!

facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GTABVM/   
    GTAFORUMS: http://gtaforums.com/topic/875158-grand-theft-auto-iii-beta-version-mod/
    TheN00ster
    TheN00ster

Post  TheN00ster Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:01 pm

Hummmm...wow good to see you got back! If you want some help with the cars since I learned how to model or smth else!
    Good luck with your project
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:07 pm

TheN00ster wrote:Hummmm...wow good to see you got back! If you want some help with the cars since I learned how to model or smth else!
    Good luck with your project

N00ster!!! It's been a long time, man!!! How's things going? And yeah, we're back!!! We're actually looking for someone who is good with car modeling, if you want to help contribute to the mod, skype me: gtabetamod@outlook.com

tedihd1999

Post  tedihd1999 Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:15 am

Hi Melted!
    It's great to see you're back! Gonna download the mod after my birthday party finishes. Can't wait to play it!
    Just one question: is it possible to get the mod running on a PS2? That would be the ultimate way to play it. I know modding the console versions of the games are hard, if not impossible.
    Just wondering...
    MeltedSOX
    Admin

Post  MeltedSOX Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:13 pm

tedihd1999 wrote:Hi Melted!
    It's great to see you're back! Gonna download the mod after my birthday party finishes. Can't wait to play it!
    Just one question: is it possible to get the mod running on a PS2? That would be the ultimate way to play it. I know modding the console versions of the games are hard, if not impossible.
    Just wondering...

Hey tedihd,

We don't support modding on PS2. Thanks for your suggestion. Happy birthday and enjoy the mod.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm